Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for student with different nationalities

My daughter will be eligible to start university in Sept 2019. She is a British Citizen (born in UK, British Mother, British passport) but has lived in the Netherlands for 15 years. She attends a British International School. Will she be eligible for Home Fees if she stays here until Sept 2019? If not, will it help if she attends UK boarding school for her Sixth Form?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Tracy,

She is likely to be classed as a EU student though it is unclear what the landscape will be like in 2019 post-Brexit.

Boarding school is not usually regarded as ordinary residence but it may be for a British citizen.

Take a look at our eligibility page: www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/university-tu.../

I advise you to contact SFE:

Hopefully this should help you!

Similar questions