Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

American citizen wants to study in UK

My daughter wishes to study in the UK and possibly make her life in UK. How do we begin the process? Can we afford college abroad? The USA is far more expensive for inferior programmes.
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Cathleen,

Choose your course using a Course chooser:

You must apply through UCAS. Look at:

Check that you meet entry requirements. If you cannot find all the information online please contact the university direct.

UK universities are accustomed to international qualifications and most university websites contain entry requirements for applicants with US high school qualifications.

Your daughter will be classed as an international student. Fees information is published by all UK universities on their websites.

I hope this helps!

Similar questions