Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Sponsoring a foreign student

I am interested in sponsoring a foreign student to attend a British University. How would I start going about that?
Answered by Alison Patterson

You could talk to a single university and set up a scheme with one university.

Alternatively, you could contact the British council:

I think it partly depends on where you are located. If you are in the UK we would suggest the first option; if abroad, we would recommend you speak to your British Council office in the first instance.

It might also be worth speaking to UKCISA on (0) 20 7288 4330. Speak to Dominic Scott (chief executive), Duncan Lane or Julie Allen. [institutions.ukcisa.org.uk/Info-for-universities-c.../]

Good luck!

Similar questions