Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Eligible for free Scottish education


I have studied all my primary education in Scotland (Glasgow). My parents have a house in Glasgow however we had to move to Belfast (Northern Ireland) and I'm doing all my secondary and A level from here.

Will I be eligible for the free education in Scotland?

Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Anika,

You should contact SAAS:

The general rules on residence are at:

Based on the information you have given me, I think you will be considered as an RUK (rest of UK) student and liable to pay the £9,250 fee. However, I advise you to contact SAAS for their guidance.

Best of luck!


Similar questions