Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for a EU student but resident in China

Hello, I am Sharon De Fazio from Italy and I am looking forward to applying to university to study Fashion buying and brand management, but I have one specific question. In 2007, I had to move to China because of my father's work, so I no longer live in Italy. We still pay taxes and have Italian passports. I study in an international School right now and will be applying soon, because I am a senior. Would I count as a home student and pay the EU student fees or as an international student? Thank you for your help.
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Sharon

If you are living in China, it's likely you'll be charged the international fee. For more information, take a look at:



You must apply through UCAS. Look at:

Choose your course using a Course chooser:

Make sure you meet the entry requirements and, If you cannot find all the information online, please contact the university directly.

To qualify for home fees, you'd have had to have been resident in the UK for at least three years.

Look at:

For EU fees:

Universities make decisions on fee status after an application has been made and the offer of a place on academic grounds has been made.

Hope this helps!

Similar questions