Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Entry Requirements

Hey, I'm from the US and have been looking up different universities in the UK. I don't understand what all these different things are (A levels, AAA, ABB). What are the equivalents in the US?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Emily,

A levels are exams that UK students take before they go to university, and AAA, AAB etc. refers to the grade requirements for different courses. You can read more about A levels here: www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/a-levels-and-.../

If you look at UK university websites you will find the page which states entry requirements for applicants with US qualifications. You don't need to concern yourself with UK qualifications as your eligibility will be assessed on your results in SAT/ACT, APs and GPA.

For example, look at:

I hope this helps.

Similar questions