Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

fee for British student studying abroad

My son moved with his mom to do his a level at the British school Alexandria Egypt while his mom teaches there. When he returns home to the UK next year to go to university will he be classified as home student having lived in Egypt for two years?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Khalid,

We have some information on eligibility for funding here which may be useful:

It sounds as though the family home is in the UK and continued to be so whilst he and his mother were in Egypt. If they are returning to live with you, I think it is possible that his ordinary residence has always been the UK and so you can make a case for home fees on this basis.

However, it is for universities to decide on fee status.

Look at:

Hope this helps!

Similar questions