Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Access course requirements


I have a friend that has finished all her education and got her degree in Nepal, and now she's living in the UK. She would like to apply to university here, however she is not sure whether she needs to do an access course and if so as she hasn't done GCSEs, is it even possible?

Thank you
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi there,

Have a look at our guidelines on applications: www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/universities/.../

She needs to check the entry requirements published on university websites. First, she should choose a degree course. She should write to the admissions teams to check whether she meets entry requirements.

She will need to satisfy and English language entry requirement.

Application is through UCAS at www.ucas.com

I hope this is useful.

Similar questions