Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

U.S. High School Diploma but not U.S. citizen

Hi, I studied the senior year of High School in the U.S. and I am graduating in the U.S. with the official Advanced High School Diploma. At the same time, I am an international student from Slovakia. Will you consider my U.S. High School Diploma as proof that I have successfully finished the High School studies? Can I apply for the university?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Sophia,

Do you want to apply to UK universities?

Choose your course using a Course chooser:

You must apply through UCAS. Look at:

Check that you meet entry requirements. If you cannot find all the information online please contact the university direct.

Most UK universities give entry requirements for applicants with international qualifications. For example:

You will be expected to have acceptable SAT/ACT scores, APs and acceptable high school GPA.

Hope this is helpful and good luck with your application!

Similar questions