Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Change of course


I completed my A levels this summer in biology, chemistry and maths, and have recently started a maths course at uni, but am not sure it’s for me. If I wanted to apply for a degree in English lit. then how can I go about preparing myself to apply - can I take an A level or something similar anywhere?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Alfie,

You need to talk to a few university departments to seek their advice. You will probably need to take an A level in English. Check the information on university websites to begin with.

Are you thinking of withdrawing from your current course and going home to live? Or do you plan to complete the first year of your Maths degree course?

Good luck!

Similar questions