Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

British citizen but living in India applying for uni

I used to live in UK and I am a British citizen I have lived in India since I was 7. I want to apply for an undergraduate course in the UK. Would I be paying fees as British citizen or as international student? And what do I need to keep in mind while applying?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Bhakti,

Fees status depends on residence not citizenship.

You can read more about eligibility for student finance here:

The rules are that you should have been resident in the UK for the three years immediately prior to starting university to qualify for Home fees.
Look at:

Also look at the UKCISA website:

Universities make decisions on fee status after an application has been made and the offer of a place on academic grounds has been made.

Similar questions