Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.


We are UK expats living in the US and my son also has a UK passport. He is considering UK colleges/universities but is concerned about the ability to transfer credits back to the US (changing course after year 1 is typical and very easy in the US), in the event that he wants to do so?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Karen,

You need to contact a few US universities to find out how they will view this, as there is not a set rule for each institution.

Good luck, hope you find the information you're looking for!

Similar questions