Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Graduate entry program into medicine


I have completed a bachelors in engineering science and biomedical engineering at the University of Witwatersrand in South Africa. I would like to apply for graduate entry programs into medicine in the UK. I have a British passport, but have never lived there. Is this possible? How do I go about the applications?

Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Keren,

You must apply through UCAS. You are likely to be classed as an international student. Please check that you have the funds to pay the high clinical fees in the latter years of the course.

Use the list of courses at:

Check the information on university websites.

NOTE that the deadline date for application for Autumn 2018 has passed. UCAS applications for 2019 entry will open in September 2018. You may need to take the UKCAT or BMAT.

Have a look at all our information on applying for medicine here:

Good luck!

Similar questions