Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.


I hold a British passport and lived in Britain for 7 years, but I am currently live in Egypt due to my dad's work. I want to study and the UK and was wondering what the fees will be. Will I have to pay international fees or am I eligible for UK student fees?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Nermine,

Universities decide fee status based on the guidelines, case law and detailed information provided by the applicant. Generally, a university will not make a determination until after an application has been received through UCAS and the offer of a place on academic grounds has been made.

You can read more about eligibility for UK home student tuition fees here:

You could also contact SFE:

And, you should check the UKCISA website at:

I hope this helps!

Similar questions