Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Deferring university course

I have received an unconditional offer from a university to start in 2018. I am now considering taking a gap year and wondering if I can start in 2019 with deferred entry?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Stella,

You need to ask the university if they will allow you to defer. You are asking them to change the terms of the original offer and it is their choice whether they agree.

If they agree, the formalities can be finalised with UCAS.

For more information on replying to offers, read our article on it:

Good luck!

Similar questions