Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Dual Nationality

My son who has dual French / English nationality is studying for his degree in Wales.
Will he still be classed as a EU student when applying for Finance and Bursary's etc... for his Post graduate in England next year?
We live in France.
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Cintay,

You can read more about fees and finance here:

It is the university that will decide. If the family home is in France it may be considered his residence so he would be eligible for the EU fee. If he has spent three years in the UK at university this may influence the decision.

You could also contact Student Finance England:

Hope all goes well,

Similar questions