Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for UK national, at English boarding school, parents UK nationals too, but living in India for last 6 years

My son (UK National) is currently studying at a UK boarding school and has been for the last 4 years. He will apply for university in 2019. His parents both of whom are also UK nationals moved for work to India 6 ago. Will my son be eligible for home fees?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Bobby,
Not necessarily, as boarding school is not always classed as residence in the UK. Residence takes precedence over citizenship when deciding fees status. You can read more about eligibility for financial support here:

Universities decide fee status based on the guidelines, case law and detailed information provided by the applicant. Generally, a university will not make a determination until after an application has been received through UCAS and the offer of a place on academic grounds has been made.

You could contact SFE:

Hope this helps!

Similar questions