Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Student loan for study outside of the UK

I'm a British citizen who has lived in the UAE for over ten years, and I am looking to get a student loan in order to be able to study. Would it be possible since my mother who is also a British citizen doesn't own a house or a postcode in the UK at the moment. Would the loan allow me to study only in the UK or outside?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Amaml,

UK Government student loans are for study in the UK only. Residence determines eligibility, not citizenship.

Please look at:

Hope this helps!

Similar questions