We use cookies to ensure the best user experience and to serve tailored advertising. To learn more about our cookies and how to manage them, please visit our cookie policy

I AGREE

Insurance choice higher than firm choice?

Apr 2018

I want to accept an offer from the University of Kent and if I do this, it will lower the entry requirements from AAB down to BBB and if I do not then the higher grade offers will apply. However I also want to have Surrey as my insurance choice, but the entry requirement for there is ABB. So, what would be my best option? Should I firm Kent and insure Surrey? I really do not want to be stuck going to a university that I am not happy with.

APPLYING ENTRY REQUIREMENTS OFFERS
Answer

We would definitely advise against accepting an offer from somewhere you don’t want to go. If Kent is your first choice, we see no reason not to accept their offer as the CF. Accepting a higher offer as insurance (CI) certainly happens and the willingness of universities to drop grades these days means it could be an option. See more information about accepting offers.

Related questions

Unconditional offers withdrawn, conditional ones issued. Is this legal?

Apr 2020

My daughter was made unconditional offers by two universities and she was waiting to attend open days before making a final decision, which unfortunately did not go ahead due to COVID-19. These two universities have subsequently withdrawn their unconditional offers and issued...

Uni decisions and offers during coronavirus

Apr 2020

Do I still have time to make decisions or will unis start withdrawing offers I haven’t replied to because of coronavirus?

Getting to uni during covid-19

Apr 2020

Will the current coronavirus situation delay my progression to university?

Need help?

Email us and one of our experts will get back soon.

ASK A QUESTION

Can't find what you're looking for?

Is this page useful?

Yes No

Sorry about that...

HOW CAN WE IMPROVE IT?

SUBMIT

Thanks for your feedback!