Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Maintenance loan

I am a single parent. My child is going to uni this year. I have been sent a form by HMRC to verify my income and savings with regard to maintenance loan. Will my savings be taken into account as I was under the impression it was just taxable income.
Answered by Alison Patterson
The calculation is based upon annual household income, including income from bank interest. If you are in England, look at the links below. Otherwise, you will find links to the student finance agencies across the UK on our financial support page.
How you are assessed and paid
Student finance for new full-time students
Applying for student finance, household income

Similar questions