Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Transferring Universities after Enrollment

I am currently enrolled in my first year at a university but am not enjoying my modules and want to consider changing university for next September (and redo the first year). Am I able to submit a UCAS application to the university I wish to move to while still enrolled in my current university?
Answered by Alison Patterson
You are able to submit a UCAS application while studying at another university. It would be worth contacting universities to find out if you can transfer into second year (if you pass first year exams) and whether you need to apply through UCAS – some universities may allow you to apply direct. If you know what course and where you want to study, I suggest you phone the course admissions team before dropping out of your current course. This can be a difficult decision to make – read our advice about transferring courses and universities.

Similar questions