Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Travelling absence

I’m a British Citizen planning on travelling to Australia and Asia for about a year and a half before doing a Masters. Will this affect my ability to be charged home student fees rather than as an international student?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Temporary absence should not affect your ordinary residence in the UK. You need to keep your flight details to show you have booked return passage to the UK and other receipts that prove the temporary nature of your absence from the UK. I suggest you contact your student finance awards agency for their confirmation, links at the foot of this page. Other useful information may be found at Are you eligible for student finance and Eligibility for a Masters loan](www.gov.uk/masters-loan/eligibility).

Similar questions