Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Eligibility for Scottish fees

My Son was born in England 1998, we moved to Scotland in 2006, he his currently studying Highers at a Scottish boarding school. My husband and I are about to move to abroad for a three year work placement. My son will stay on in school next year to complete Advanced Highers. Will he be entitled to a free university place in Scotland? (We don't own a property in Scotland, we have always lived in MOD married quarters).
Fees are based on residency. If he has been living in Scotland for three years prior to attending university in Scotland he will be entitled to the Scottish fees system and will be treated as a Scotish student.

Read on this site for confirmation:

Similar questions