Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

What Hungarian qualifications do I need to get into a UK university?

I have a few questions about studying in the UK as an international student. I am from Hungary and I would like to continue my studies in the UK. I’m not sure what qualifications I need for that. I’m practicing now to take the IELTS test. Other than that I read that I need A-levels or GCSE, but what is the Hungarian equivalent for these?
I would like to ask you about the foundation years, what are they and how do I apply?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Start with UCAS. Go to www.ucas.com and
Cambridge University (which is one of the most competitive universities with rigorous academic standards) publishes the following entrance requirements for applicants with Hungarian academic qualifications at
It does not mean that if you meet these requirements you will get into Cambridge and I offer this as a guide only. UK universities are familiar with international qualifications and it should not be necessary to take British exams for A level and GCSE. You will be required to meet an English Language aptitude.

Similar questions