Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Which university is best for social work?

I have recently been given a place at the Royal Holloway University and Anglia Ruskin. I would like advice on which university will offer me the best master's degree in social work. Royal Holloway is higher in overall league table but is not listed in the social work subject league table.
Answered by Alison Patterson
It appears that Royal Holloway only offers postgraduate courses.
Our league tables are focused on the undergraduate market and the data available at postgraduate level is much weaker so to this extent we are unable to help you. 
However, the National Student Survey results would be a general insight into how well a department keeps its postgraduates happy – if the undergrads are happy, the postgrads probably are too – and Research Assessment result tells you about the quality of the academic staff in terms of their research outputs.

Similar questions