Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Student accommodation complaint

We are having a dispute with a university about the price of their accommodation. In short they are charging more than they advertised, what can we do?
Answered by Alison Patterson
You can make a formal complaint with the university. The university will have a complaints procedure.

If you feel your issue is not resolved you may want to pursue lodging your complaint with the Office of the Independent Adjudicator. This is an independent body set up to review student complaints, including those about accommodation.

In fact the OIA's website may be a good place to start for guidance on this:

Similar questions