Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Foundation years for entry to university

I have been working in sales since leaving school 5 years ago. I would now like to complete an Engineering degree in London, but I have ACC at level, none of which are maths or science. Can I do a foundation year?
Answered by Alison Patterson
A foundation degree or foundation year might be a good idea. Please note the difference between the two: a foundation degree and a foundation year are rather different options – the foundation degree is a short sub-degree option whereas the foundation year is a route into a full degree with guaranteed progression if you pass the year.

We suggest you also go along to a local Further Education college in London and seek advice from a qualified careers adviser.

Similar questions