Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Unhappy with university

My husband started a course last year, with the knowledge that this course would be for two years. We also have a budget. We have now been told, halfway through the course, that they are going to increase this course by another year and are also increasing the fees. We have been in contact with them about this, but don't seem to be having any luck. This will cause a lot of problems for us, especially time-wise. We chose this course because it could be done within two years. Please could you help us, who can we raise our grievances with?
Answered by Alison Patterson
If it is a UK HEI course you should make a formal complaint through the university’s procedures and if that is unsatisfactory you can go to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator (www.oiahe.org.uk).

Similar questions