Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

We're moving to Australia, will my son have to pay international fees when he returns?

My stepson wishes to move to Australia with us later this year to complete his 6th form studies. Would he be eligible to return to the UK, where his mum and brother remain, to study at university? Would he have to pay international fees?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Thanks for your enquiry. Applications to UK universities are made online through UCAS at www.ucas.com. You should familiarise yourself with this site.
Fee status is determined by universities, usually after an application has been received and an offer of a place made. As a general rule, fees status is determined by residency rather than nationality. Take a look at this site for more guidance:

Similar questions