Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Transferring university during gap year (deferred entry)

I'm a deferred student on a gap year and have a confirmed place at UWE (my firm choice) to start a Business Management degree in September 2015.

However, due to a change in personal circumstances I've decided that it would be more beneficial for me to instead stay at home and study at one of my previous choices (from last school year) that gave me an offer which I later declined.

As the university I wish to go to has already accepted my application/ given me an offer previously in the past, and already has a record of all of my relevant details, can I transfer to this university somehow without having to apply through UCAS all over again?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Your details will be on file and you will have a UCAS number, so it might be possible to do transfer during your gap year without re-applying. Of course, UCAS can answer this question definitively.

We suggest you contact both universities - the one you are planning on declining and the one you'd like to go to. Any transfer needs to be approved by UWE and the other university. Assuming you are offered a place by the other university you then need to talk to UCAS and also inform student finance England/Wales of your change of university when confirmed.

UCAS telephone number: 0371 468 0 468

Similar questions