- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Aston University places international students at the centre of the UK in a lively city. Students will be close to an international airport and able to access the rest of the UK and Europe with ease. The university can even sponsor the visa of postgraduate business students, enabling them to find work in the UK as part of their degree.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
2,325 international students in 2017–18
- The university's welcome programme begins before international students start: detailed pre-arrival information is provided and the university offers a meet and greet service for all new students arriving at Birmingham International Airport.
- Once students arrive for International Orientation, they are greeted by the Aston Aunties – second and final year student volunteers who welcome students to the university. Students get practical help on issues such as bank accounts, information on the university, social events to help them integrate with the course and flatmates, including the International Student Welcome. After the Welcome Week, Freshers' Week provides the opportunity for students to meet and socialise with the UK students.
- The Hub helps with any issues students may face or questions they may have; it's also the place students go for visa scanning and all immigration queries. The Hub has longer opening hours during the Welcome Week. Throughout the Welcome and Freshers' weeks, there is a help desk specifically for international students, run by the Aston Aunties in the Martin Luther King Centre.
English Language Requirements
- GCSE: grade C.
- IELTS: 6.0–6.5; or TOEFL iBT: 90; or Pearson Academic: 60.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- International undergraduate students who put Aston as their first choice are guaranteed accommodation for the duration of their course. For subsequent years after their first year, they must apply by the deadline date for returning students.
- All accommodation is on the university campus. It is self-catered, with Internet access.
- International students are allocated with home and EU students.
- Students do not have to move out during the Christmas and Easter vacations. They move out at the end of the licence period after term three. However students can apply to stay on campus during the summer vacation and many international students do this.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship: international students could be eligible for £7,000 to help with their tuition fees.
- Global Excellence Scholarships: international postgraduate students could get either £3,000 or £5,000 off their tuition fees.
- Aston Villa Scholarship: international students can get 5% off tuition fees, and access to club-related experiences.