- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- The university guarantees a room offer for all undergraduate applicants who accept their conditional offer from Aston as their firm choice by the published deadline. Details of this offer will be available in applicant offer letters and on Aston’s website.
- For accommodation costs please refer to the university website; catered meal plan options are available.
- Free high-speed Internet access.
- Birmingham is one of the UK's most entrepreneurial cities, based on its start-up to population ratio. For students who may want to start a business, Birmingham is a good place to do it.
- A massive 40% of the UK's jewellery is produced in Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter.
- The city's main library is the largest in Europe.
Nightlife and Culture
- Birmingham has one of the liveliest club scenes in the country, as well as bars, music venues and restaurants. The Digbeth area (5 minutes' walk from the city centre) has a strong live music, clubbing and alternative café scene. The National Indoor Arena and O2 Academy are both within walking distance of campus and regularly host some of the biggest names in music from across the world.
- The Waterhall Gallery of Modern Art is Birmingham's newest venue for contemporary art, with the stylish Ikon Gallery displaying the best of international and British art. Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery is famous for its collection of Pre-Raphaelite works.
- The National Indoor Arena hosts many national sporting events. The city is home to Aston Villa, Birmingham City and West Bromwich Albion football teams. Test and County cricket is played at Edgbaston.
- Buses, trains and trams provide a comprehensive network of local transport.
- Birmingham is at the centre of the UK motorway system, and is well served by coaches to locations across the UK.
- Rail links are excellent; a journey to London takes 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Birmingham International Airport, just 8 miles from the city centre, is a major hub with destinations throughout the UK, Europe, North America and Asia.