- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Aston University has a global reputation for producing employable graduates. Its postgraduate courses have been specifically designed to equip students' for their future career, with many integrating work experience.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
2,767 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 58%
- Part Time 42%
- UK 59%
- EU 9%
- Other 33%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||80||900||980|
|Accounting & Finance||0||285||285|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||5||195||200|
|Anatomy & Physiology||15||70||85|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||30||25||55|
|Aural & Oral Sciences||0||15||15|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||0||10||10|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Please refer to the university website for further details of scholarships.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university guarantees accommodation to the first 200 postgraduate applicants for their first year of study, providing they fulfil the following criteria: they apply as a full-time student for the full academic year and accept their conditional offer, they have obtained the required qualifications and have paid their course deposit.