- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
Aston University has a global reputation for producing employable graduates. Its postgraduate courses have been specifically designed to equip students' for their future chosen career. The university have been awarded gold for teaching excellence (TEF 2017).
Postgraduate Student Statistics
2,570 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 57%
- Part Time 43%
- UK 60%
- EU 10%
- Other 30%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||65||935||995|
|Accounting & Finance||0||165||165|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||5||130||135|
|Anatomy & Physiology||15||70||85|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||35||20||60|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||0||10||10|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||5||5|
|Aural & Oral Sciences||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
Please refer to the university website for further details of scholarships and for eligibility; the following are a selection:
- Aston Excellence scholarships: up to £2,500 available to Home and EU students achieving a first class honours degree, and applying for courses in Aston Business School and the School of Engineering and Applied Science.
- The university awards its most talented MBAs with scholarships of up to £10,000 to support them on their way to becoming a future business leader or entrepreneur.
- International scholarships: £3,500 and £5,000 for eligible students achieving the equivalent of a UK upper second class or first class honours degree.
- The School of Life and Health Sciences scholarship (ten available): £15,000 for students from Africa and South America; these are supported by the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust which is dedicated to improving educational opportunities for students who would not otherwise be able to consider study in the UK.
- Bursaries: Aston alumni qualify for an automatic 20% discount on MSc course fees. An LSS Excellence Bursary provides an additional 5% discount on masters tuition fees for all Aston Languages and Social Science graduates holding a first class Aston undergraduate degree.
- Graduates from a partner institution are offered a 10% discount against current tuition fees for postgraduate taught programmes, for any student who has graduated from a current partner university within the last five years.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university guarantees accommodation to the first 200 postgraduate applicants for their first year of study, providing they fulfil the following criteria: they apply as a full-time student for the full academic year and accept their conditional offer, they have obtained the required qualifications and have paid their course deposit.
- Aston University provides accommodation in over 3000 bedrooms in Aston Student Village. Campus accommodation provides a catered meal plan option, free high-speed Internet access and access to the gym.
- The university provides support for students finding private sector accommodation when demand outweighs availability.
- Postgraduate research applicants who attend the university from January, April or July are encouraged to contact Unite Students to enquire about availability on or off campus.