- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
International students at Bangor University can expect Gold-rated teaching (TEF 2017) from a university set in one of the world's best destinations to visit, according to travel guide Lonely Planet (2016), and where student satisfaction is consistently in or close to the top ten of UK universities (Complete University Guide 2016–2020).
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
2,475 international students in 2017–18
- Online resources on the university website provide information on visa applications, budgeting, pre-arrival checklist, and study methods. An International Handbook is also available via the university website. Prospective students can contact an International Student Ambassador for further information on studying and living in Bangor.
- Airport pick-up services are provided from Manchester airport.
- An early orientation programme for international students provides a comprehensive schedule of trips, events and information sessions.
English Language Requirements
The level of English language required depends on the programme studied. The standard requirement is given below; there are a few exemptions available. Please refer to the university website for details.
- For most degree programmes the minimum is IELTS 6.0 (5.5).
- The university offers a range of pre-sessional and general English programmes that require lower IELTS scores.
Accommodation for International Students
- Accommodation is guaranteed for all international students.
- Accommodation offers single study bedrooms, self-catered shared kitchens, on-site laundrettes, 24-hour security, insurance cover, and a choice of standard shared bathrooms or en-suite rooms.
- Prices include Wi-Fi, heating, electricity, water, gym membership, and Campus Life events and programmes.
Bursaries and Scholarships
There are generous university-wide scholarship packages for international students.
- The university's International Student Support Office provides ongoing and comprehensive support on a range of issues, including dedicated visa advice and information.
- International Student Ambassadors offer peer-led support to international students, and there are a range of national and cultural societies available for students to join. There is also an annual programme of social trips and events for international students.
- A small hardship fund is available to assist international students with unexpected financial emergencies.