- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
International students at Bangor University can expect Gold-rated teaching (TEF 2017), in a university set in one of the world's best destinations to visit, according to travel guide Lonely Planet (2016) and in the top ten UK universities for student satisfaction (The Complete University Guide 2019).
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,960 international students in 2016–17
- Online resources on the university website provide information on visa applications, budgeting, pre-arrival checklist, and study methods. Prospective students can contact an International Student Ambassador for further information on studying and living in Bangor.
- The International Handbook is available via the university website.
- Airport pick-up services are provided from Manchester airport.
- The 'early orientation programme' for international students provides a comprehensive schedule of trips, events and information sessions. It is followed by an annual programme of social trips and events for international students.
English Language Requirements
- The level of English language required for most degree programmes is IELTS 6.0 (5.5). However, the university offers a range of pre-sessional and general English programmes that require lower IELTS score.
- The level required will depend on the programme of study; there are a few exemptions available.
- Please refer to the university website for full details.
Accommodation for International Students
- Guaranteed accommodation for all international students.
- Accommodation offers single study bedrooms, self-catered shared kitchens, on-site laundrettes, 24-hour security, insurance cover, and a choice of standard shared bathrooms or en-suite rooms.
- Prices include Wi-Fi, heating, electricity, water, gym membership, and Campus Life events and programmes.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.