- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- Online resources providing information on visa applications, budgeting, pre-arrival checklist, and study methods are available. Prospective students can contact an International Student Ambassador for further information on studying and living in Bangor.
- The International Handbook will be sent to students prior to arrival; this is also available on the university website.
- Airport pick-up services are provided from Manchester airport.
- The 'early orientation programme' for international students provides a comprehensive schedule of trips, events and information sessions. It is followed by an annual programme of social trips and events for international students.
English Language Requirements
- The level of English language required for most degree programmes is IELTS 6.0 (5.5). However, the university offers a range of pre-sessional and general English programmes that require lower IELTS score.
- The level required will depend on the programme of study and there are few exceptions available.
- Please refer to the university website for full details of English language requirements.
Accommodation for International Students
- Guaranteed accommodation for all international students.
- Accommodation offers single study bedrooms, self-catered shared kitchens, on-site laundrettes, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour security, insurance cover, and a choice of standard shared bathrooms or en-suite rooms.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.