- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- The Campus Life team organises a calendar of events for all students in university halls, encouraging students to meet new people and participate in activities.
- Accommodation is guaranteed for all first year undergraduate students who apply within the prescribed period (please refer to the university website for full details of Halls guarantee).
- All accommodation is within easy walking distance of the university, and every room has Internet access.
- City Population: 13,725
- Student Population: 10,000
- Bangor is a small, student-centred city located in north Wales, between the mountains and the sea.
- With over 10,000 students from all over the world, Bangor offers an international university experience.
- Snowdonia and the coastline offer many attractions and students can visit nearby historical towns with their own castles, scenic villages and the beaches on the nearby island of Anglesey.
Culture and Nightlife
- Academi, a designated 'safe space' club, is the official student nightclub and the focus for night-time entertainment and general socialising. Other popular venues for students are Bar Uno, situated in the Ffriddoedd student village, and Barlow's in the St Mary's student village.
- Pontio Arts and Innovation Centre is the biggest arts and entertainment venue in north west Wales, housing a theatre, studio theatre, cinema, and places to eat.
- Bangor University is conveniently located with good road links along the north Wales coast from the M56 and M6 and direct trains from London, Manchester, Crewe and Cardiff.
- The ferry service from nearby Holyhead to Ireland is also fast and frequent.
- Most university buildings are within walking distance of the city centre, and an efficient bus service operates in and around the city.