- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- While accommodation is not guaranteed, regeneration at the university's St Mary’s student accommodation village includes five new halls dedicated to housing postgraduate students.
- All students living in university-owned accommodation also receive free membership of the university's newly refurbished sports centre, Canolfan Brailsford.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
Bangor offers discounted tuition fees for its Home/EU alumni, and further bursary and scholarship initiatives are offered by individual academic schools. There are generous university-wide scholarship packages for international students.
- The majority of master's courses comprise a research element equivalent to at least one-third of the total course credits.
- Research master’s degrees are also increasingly offered, allowing students to conduct their master’s degree either mainly or entirely by research, preparing them for doctoral level research or research-orientated careers.
- PhD programmes are offered in each of the university’s 22 academic schools.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
2,388 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 59%
- Part Time 41%
- UK 52%
- EU 6%
- Other 42%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||40||715||750|
|Agriculture & related subjects||40||140||180|
|Subjects allied to medicine||20||105||125|
|Creative arts & design||20||45||70|
|Historical & philosophical studies||30||30||60|
|Engineering & technology||15||10||20|
|Mass communications & documentation||5||5||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.