- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Bangor University features world-leading research (REF 2014), informing Gold-standard teaching (TEF 2017) in a university set between the mountains and the sea in north Wales – one of the top regions of the world to visit, according to Lonely Planet. It offers a wide range of taught courses and research programmes in over 20 distinct academic disciplines, at a traditional university (est. 1884) with modern facilities, excellent student support and satisfaction, and good accommodation.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
2,650 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 57%
- Part Time 43%
- UK 56%
- EU 5%
- Other 38%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Accounting & Finance||25||515||540|
|Agriculture & Forestry||45||160||210|
|Business & Management Studies||15||120||140|
|Geography & Environmental Science||40||65||105|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||25||10||30|
|Art & Design||0||5||5|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||5||5|
|Theology & Religious Studies||5||5||5|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||5||5|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||5||5|
|Anatomy & Physiology||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
Bangor offers discounted tuition fees for its Home/EU alumni, and further bursary and scholarship initiatives are offered by individual academic schools. There are generous university-wide scholarship packages for international students.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- While accommodation is not guaranteed, the recently regenerated St Mary’s student village includes five new halls dedicated to housing postgraduate students.
- All students living in university-owned accommodation also receive free membership of the university's sports centre, Canolfan Brailsford.