Bath Spa University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Bath Spa University is set in one of the world's most beautiful and historic cities, home to world-famous Roman Baths and the Georgian Royal Crescent and Circus. The university offers a wide range of courses in the arts, business, education, humanities and sciences, and is highly regarded for its teaching, earning a silver Teaching Excellence Framework award.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
855 international students in 2017–18
- Bath Spa University has a dedicated support service that helps international students prepare for coming to the UK. The service provides full guidance on a wide range of areas including arrival, accommodation, visas and finance.
- University staff meet international students on arrival to the country, and arrange inductions and sessions to support international students in their first week. The International team also provides continuous academic and student support.
English Language Requirements
- Non-native English-speaking students will need to demonstrate their English language skills as part of the application process.
- The university accepts a range of English language qualifications, the level specified varies from course to course. In general, an IELTS score of at least 6.0 overall, with 5.5 in each component is required.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university guarantees accommodation for international first year students who fit the eligibility criteria and apply by the application deadline. There is a range of good quality accommodation both on and off campus.
- The university can also provide advice on where to look for accommodation for students' families when they visit.
Bursaries and Scholarships
Varied scholarship and bursary opportunities are available to international students, updated regularly. The following is a selection, please refer to the university website for details of all awards available.
- Postgraduate Scholarship for Bath Spa University Alumni: available to any Bath Spa graduate from an undergraduate or PGCE course, progressing onto a taught master's degree (e.g. MA, MSc, MRes).
- Bath Spa University's International Scholarship programme: for high-achieving international students who are looking to study in the UK.
- Bath Spa supports International students from the time they arrive in the country right through to graduation, and many alumni stay in touch with Bath Spa after they leave the university.
- Support available for international students includes English language and EAP (English for Academic Purposes), help with visas, fees and finance, social trips and events, careers advice and scholarships.
- Short courses, such as Social and Cultural English and Seminar and Presentation Skills, give students the chance to improve their skills, learn UK customs, and settle into life in the UK.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.