Bath Spa University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- Bath Spa University has international students from over 83 countries studying at undergraduate, postgraduate and Phd level. The university provides a safe, high quality learning environment, supported by outstanding staff and facilities.
- International students thrive in our small, close knit community campuses that are safe and secure, and the beautiful heritage city of Bath offers a vibrant student experience.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- English language requirements vary from course to course but a typical undergraduate offer would require IELTS 6.0 or equivalent and postgraduate offer would require IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
- If students do not yet have this level of English language then pre-sessional English courses and an international first year will enable you to study with us.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- To encourage international students to study with us, a range of scholarship and bursary opportunities are available and are regularly updated.
- Please check our website for further information.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- The university’s International Relations Team is dedicated to supporting our international students before, during and after your time with us and are available seven days a week.
- The International Relations Team supports students at every stage from enquiry, application, arrival, airport pick up, orientation, social programme and ongoing support.
- There is a social programme available to all international students which works together with the Students' Union enabling students to settle in, adapt and help aid their wider understanding of living and studying in the UK.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university has a range of good quality accommodation both on and off campus and also provides a home-stay service (limited availability) for those who wish to live with families in the city.
Organisations for International Students
- To complement academic success the university encourages all students to engage in clubs, societies, volunteering and work/placement opportunities.
- We have an active Students' Union which arranges a wide range of events, clubs and societies, and a busy social calendar.
- The union also coordinates the university's active volunteering activities.