Bath Spa University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Bath Spa University is based in the UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath, with historical and inspiring campuses. It offers a wide range of courses in the arts, business, education, humanities and sciences and is highly regarded for its teaching and learning, earning a silver Teaching Excellence Framework award in 2017.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
850 international students in 2016–17
- A dedicated support service for international students helps students prepare for coming to the UK, providing academic and visa advice as well as language support and counselling.
- The university organises welcome inductions and arranges informative sessions to support students throughout the academic year.
- Social trips and on campus events ensure students make the most of their time in the UK.
English Language Requirements
- Non-native English speaking students will need to demonstrate their English language skills as part of the application process.
- The university accepts a range of English language qualifications, the level specified varies from course to course. In general, an IELTS score of at least 6.0 overall, with 5.5 in each component is required.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university guarantees accommodation for international first year students who fit the eligibility criteria and apply by the application deadline.
- The university has a range of good quality accommodation both on and off campus.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.