Bath Spa University
- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
- UK postgraduate students are not normally housed by the university, so will not be invited to apply for accommodation until the waiting list opens in August (after initial offers have been made to undergraduate students).
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
A range of funding is available for home, EU and international students in the form of awards, bursaries and scholarships.
- Bath Spa University offer opportunities for supervised, original research leading to the degrees of PhD and MPhil, with a focus on creativity, culture and enterprise.
- The university has established strengths in: Art & Design, Music, Performing Arts, English, History, Creative Writing, Education and Psychology.
- Research Centres and Groups have been established in areas where a critical mass of researchers are working around common themes. The university particularly welcomes research degree enquiries from potential applicants whose research may complement that of the Centres and Groups.
- The recent Research Excellence Framework (REF) in 2014 found that Bath Spa has tripled its number of 'internationally excellent' and 'world leading' categories of research since the previous exercise in 2008.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
1,844 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 52%
- Part Time 48%
- UK 82%
- EU 2%
- Other 16%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Creative arts & design||50||350||400|
|Business & administrative studies||0||240||240|
|Historical & philosophical studies||10||35||50|
|Mass communications & documentation||5||5||10|
|Engineering & technology||5||0||5|
|Subjects allied to medicine||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.