Bath Spa University
- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
Bath Spa University promise high quality master's courses and research supervision from committed staff, in a unique and supportive environment – whether students are looking to improve their career prospects, or explore a subject they feel passionately about.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
1,730 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 56%
- Part Time 44%
- UK 84%
- EU 3%
- Other 13%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||5||110||110|
|Art & Design||10||95||105|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||25||30|
|Accounting & Finance||0||20||20|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||15||15|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||5||15|
|Geography & Environmental Science||0||5||5|
|Physics & Astronomy||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- In 2018/19, Bath Spa University will provide a number bursary awards worth £500 for PGCE students meeting eligibility criteria. The award is paid in cash or, if requested, as a fee waiver.
- The Bath Spa Bursary is prioritised for to students from the following groups: care-leavers, those who currently or recently lived at an accredited Foyer in the past year, those receiving an increased loan for living costs, or whose home address is within an area of low participation in higher education.
- Bath Spa University graduates and alumni who return to the university to complete a taught postgraduate degree will be eligible to receive a £1,200 scholarship towards the cost of their tuition fees.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- UK postgraduate students are not normally housed by the university; they are invited to apply for accommodation after the waiting list opens in August, once initial offers have been made to undergraduate students.
- International postgraduate students are welcome to apply for accommodation.