University of Bath
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- First year full-time undergraduate degree students are guaranteed university accommodation if they meet criteria, including application deadlines.
- Accommodation includes self-catered and catered study bedrooms located on and off campus.
- Internet connectivity in all rooms and free room contents insurance provided.
University of Bath
|Number of university/college beds||3,677|
|Typical annual cost of university/college accommodation||£4,446–£6,286|
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£3,444–£3,877|
The Centre for Addiction Treatment Studies
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£3,392–£3,780|
- City Population: 176,000
- Student Population: 20,000
- With natural hot springs and Georgian architecture, Bath is a small and beautiful city with a cosmopolitan atmosphere and plenty on offer to students.
- It has been designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and includes the Thermae Bath Spa complex.
- Bath is a compact city, with many of its facilities and attractions contained within an easily walkable centre.
- Bath Spa railway station is just a few minutes’ walk from the city centre and on the main railway line, offering easy travel to Bristol (20 mins) and London (1.5 hrs).
- Bristol International Airport is 15 miles away and an express coach service connects it to Bristol Temple Meads railway station.
- There is a reliable network of buses in Bath, great for getting into and out of the centre to the many surrounding residential areas, and with 3 park and ride locations.
- The city’s outer regions and the surrounding countryside offer walkways and good cycle paths. The River Avon runs through the centre of Bath and it is possible to hire punts and canoes from Bath Boating Station, 10 minutes' from the city centre.
Culture and Nightlife
- Bath has a bustling nightlife with over 150 restaurants and pubs, bars and a good standard of live entertainment. Moles on George Street is a renowned venue for gigs and quality club nights while Komedia offers comedy nights and other entertainment.
- Bath is steeped in history, with the Roman Baths as the main attraction. The city boasts a large range of museums from astronomy to Jane Austen, including the attractive Holburne Museum with its collection of treasures. The Theatre Royal hosts big-name productions; a more alternative selection can be found at the Ustinov Studio and the Rondo. Komedia offers cabaret, live music and comedy. There is a multi-screen Odeon cinema, while independent films show at the Little Theatre Cinema.
- Thermae Bath Spa is a modern complex in the historic city centre where visitors can bathe in naturally warmed spa water – the only place in the UK to do this.
- Bath offers a year round calendar of events, including Bath in Fashion in Spring, the International Music Festival in early summer, and the largest Christmas market in the South West in late November.
- Sport options include Bath Rugby Club, considered one of the finest in the world. Cricket is played close to the city centre, and Bath City Football Club is located south of the river. There are 10 golf courses in the local area and the University Sports Training Village has a 50-metre pool. Walking, cycling and tennis are all popular.