- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The university is recognised for its impactful research, ranked in the top 10 of UK universities for research quality (Complete University Guide 2020). It carries out research that makes a difference to society – from developing new drugs to cure breast cancer, working with automotive industry in order to develop future generations of ultra-low emissions vehicles, to combating modern slavery. Postgraduate students will benefit from:
- Excellent teaching and research facilities, including purpose-built laboratories.
- Research support from internationally recognised supervisors.
- Opportunities to enhance employability via targeted skills training or, for selected programmes, work placement.
- Library open 24/7, working around your study schedule.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,277 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 65%
- Part Time 35%
- UK 48%
- EU 9%
- Other 43%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||65||535||600|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||45||385||430|
|Accounting & Finance||0||260||260|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||60||35||95|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||80||0||80|
|Physics & Astronomy||55||0||55|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||0||10||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Funding for taught and research programmes is available in many different forms, including studentships, scholarships and support for care leavers.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university has over 600 self-catered accommodation places for postgraduates, on-campus and in the city.
- Woodland Court provides self-catered residences for undergraduate and postgraduate students on the east side of campus. Opened in 2019, Polden is for postgraduate students only, providing high-quality campus accommodation. City accommodation consists of Canal Wharf, Clevelands Building, Pulteney Court and Thornbank Gardens, all self-catered and close to the city centre.
- Overseas fee-paying and Home and EU postgraduate students can apply for privately managed accommodation, managed by CRM Student Accommodation. This includes Canal Bridge, James House, Piccadilly Place, Widcombe Wharf, Radway House and The Exchange.