University of Bath
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- The university has over 600 self-catered accommodation places for postgraduates, on-campus and in the city.
- Woodland Court is the campus accommodation, providing self-catered residences for undergraduate and postgraduate students on the east side of campus.
- City accommodation consists of Canal Wharf, Clevelands Building, Pulteney Court and Thornbank Gardens, all self-catered and close to the city centre.
- Overseas fee-paying and Home and EU postgraduate students can apply for privately managed accommodation, managed by CRM Student Accommodation. This includes Canal Bridge, James House, Piccadilly Place, Widcombe Wharf, Radway House and The Exchange.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Funding for taught and research programmes is available in many different forms, including studentships, scholarships and support for care leavers.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
- Research degrees and projects are offered from the Faculty of Engineering & Design, the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences, the Faculty of Science, and the School of Management.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
4,063 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 56%
- Part Time 44%
- UK 49%
- EU 10%
- Other 41%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||175||745||925|
|Engineering & technology||240||400||645|
|Subjects allied to medicine||155||345||500|
|Architecture, building & planning||30||315||345|
|Medicine & dentistry||5||155||160|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.