University of Bedfordshire
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Every year the University of Bedfordshire welcomes over 2,000 international students, from over 120 countries. Knowing that studying abroad is a big step, a dedicated support team helps make the transition as smooth as possible. Support includes events and trips, and classes to build communication skills are available.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
2,790 international students in 2017–18
- All international students are sent an electronic pre-arrival guide with comprehensive details about the university, including campus maps, information on the local area and general advice about what to bring and what to expect on arrival.
- In addition, students are sent instructions about how to register onto their course and what to bring to registration.
- Orientation week includes a full programme of welcome talks, time allowed for doctor registration and police registration (where applicable) and social events.
English Language Requirements
- English language requirements are IELTS 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each band.
- If an applicant has achieved a lower IELTS score, the university may be able to offer pre-sessional English (please note, a UKVI approved IELTS test must have been taken for pre-sessional English to be an option).
- If students have alternative English qualifications the university will be happy to assess whether these are sufficient to fulfil the English language requirement.
Accommodation for International Students
- Accommodation is guaranteed for international students; the university will endeavour to respond to requests, such as for gender-specific accommodation.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The University of Bedfordshire offers a range of funding options to support international students. Please refer to the university website for details.
- The International Office at the University of Bedfordshire aims to support international students from their original enquiry until after their graduation. They offer advice covering visas and immigration, accommodation, and community and faith, as well as an orientation programme, trips throughout the year, and internship opportunities.