Belfast Metropolitan College
Belfast Metropolitan College is the largest further and higher education college in Northern Ireland, with some 37,000 enrolments. The college offers a broad range of programmes, including degree and postgraduate courses, working in partnership with Queens University Belfast, and Ulster, Manchester Metropolitan, and Dundee universities.
Student Services and Facilities
- Career guidance is available to help students make decisions and prepare for the job industry effectively.
- The learning support team provides assistance for all students requiring additional support to study at the college.
- For more information telephone 028 90265097 or email email@example.com.
- There is an active students’ union and students can purchase an NUS card.
- The college started as the Municipal Technical Institute in 1906.
- During the 1990s, several colleges joined to become the Belfast Institute of Further and Higher Education.
- In August 2007 the Belfast Institute merged with Castlereagh College and became Belfast Metropolitan College.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- John Irvine – newsreader.
- Danny Blanchflower – footballer.
- Colin Morgan – actor.
- Eamonn Holmes – TV personality and presenter.
- Joseph Tomelty – character actor and playwright.
- Aidan Browne – television presenter and actor.
Belfast Metropolitan College, 125–153 Millfield, Belfast, BT1 1HS