Birkbeck, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- While the majority of students live in private accommodation, Birkbeck students can access places in partner halls of residence. Students from outside the M25 are eligible to apply for student accommodation.
- There is a variety of accommodation to suit a range of budgets depending on individual students' preferences regarding the distance from the college, facilities and catering option.
- Free professional advice is available from the University of London housing services for students opting for private rented accommodation, including housing board, contract checking services and legal housing advice.
|Catered||from £156 to £280 per week|
|Self-Catered||from £145 to £256 per week|
The costs above are for the academic year 2019/20
- London is justly renowned as one of the most exciting cities in the world, catering for all interests – with parks and pubs, theatres and cinemas, shopping and sightseeing, museums and art galleries, and every cuisine under the sun.
- Birkbeck's main campus is in Bloomsbury, WC1, a lively student-centred area that's home to a number of other universities and colleges of the University of London, including University College London and the School of Oriental and African Studies.
Nightlife and Culture
- London is a cultural capital of the world; it offers something for everyone, including a wide range of museums, galleries and cultural institutions, along with restaurants, pubs and night clubs.
- Birkbeck is located in the heart of academic London and in one of the world's greatest concentrations of libraries. The British Library is 10 minutes' walk away, while Senate House Library, one of the UK's largest arts and humanities libraries, is right next door to Birkbeck. The British Museum is a short walk away and there are a number of smaller galleries and museums within Bloomsbury, including Birkbeck’s Peltz Gallery.
- Birkbeck's own cinema in Gordon Square hosts free film screenings.
- Birkbeck's East London campus – University Square Stratford – is located in the heart of Stratford, moments from the Theatre Royal Stratford East and Stratford Circus Arts Centre. It's also just a stone’s throw from Westfield shopping centre and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- London has an extensive bus, railway and underground network with special price deals available for students.
- In many areas the roads are very busy, making cycling hazardous, however considerable investments have been made to ensure cycling in the city is safer.
- The main airports serving London are Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted and Luton.