Birkbeck, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- While the majority of students live in private accommodation, Birkbeck students can access places in University of London halls of residence or apply for places in the halls run by specialist provider UNITE.
- There is a variety of accommodation at different price levels to suit a wide range of students, depending on budget, distance from the college, whether students wish to live in halls or prefer private rented accommodation.
- Free professional advice is available from the University of London housing services; for more about student accommodation at Birkbeck please refer to the college website.
- City Population: 8,673,000
- Student Population: 306,000
- London is justly renowned as one of the most exciting cities in the world, catering for all interests – with parks and pubs, theatres and cinemas, shopping and sightseeing, museums and art galleries, and every cuisine under the sun.
- Birkbeck's main campus is in Bloomsbury, WC1, a lively student-centred area that's home to a number of other universities and colleges of the University of London, including University College London and the School of Oriental and African Studies.
Culture and Nightlife
- London is a cultural capital of the world; it offers something for everyone.
- Birkbeck is located in the heart of academic London and in one of the world's greatest concentrations of libraries. The British Library is ten minutes' walk away, while Senate House Library, one of the UK's largest arts and humanities libraries, is right next door to Birkbeck.
- Birkbeck's own cinema in Gordon Square hosts free film screenings.
- London has an extensive bus, railway and underground network with special price deals available for students.
- In many areas the roads are very busy, making cycling hazardous, however considerable investments have been made to ensure cycling in the city is safer.
- The main airports serving London are Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted and Luton.