Birkbeck, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Birkbeck, part of the University of London, offers nearly 300 taught and research postgraduate programmes across arts and humanities, business and economics, law, science and social science. Taught courses run between 6-9pm with some available via distance learning. Birkbeck is one of the largest providers of taught postgraduate courses for UK and EU students – some 44% of its students are on postgraduate programmes.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Birkbeck offers a limited number of bursaries and scholarships for postgraduate and mature students, supported by generous donations from alumni and organisations supportive of Birkbeck's mission.
- A 10% discount on tuition fees is available to Birkbeck alumni who have completed an undergraduate degree and are enrolling on any MA, MSc, LLM and MRes degree.
- 10% discounts on fees are available for members of a union recognised by the Trades Union Congress.
- Please refer to the college website for further details of financial support along with application forms.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- While the majority of students live in private accommodation, Birkbeck students can access places in partner halls of residence, including postgraduate only residences. Students from outside the M25 are eligible to apply for student accommodation.
- There is a variety of accommodation to suit a range of budgets depending on individual students' preferences regarding the distance from the college, facilities and catering option. Options are available via independent student accommodation providers from £90 per week.
- Free professional advice is available from the University of London housing services for students opting for private rented accommodation, including housing board, contract checking services and legal housing advice.