Birmingham City University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university faculties offer a loyalty scholarship of 20% to students who gained their degree at Birmingham City University.
- The International Office offers separate loyalty scholarships for international students.
- Researchers work across academic disciplines to address local, national and global challenges, ensuring their research delivers real-world societal, cultural and economic benefits.
- Studying for a research degree allows students to explore their chosen topic in great depth, guided by expert supervisors within a supportive research environment.
- Most subject areas are available at postgraduate level.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
4,347 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 45%
- Part Time 55%
- UK 74%
- EU 2%
- Other 24%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||35||785||820|
|Subjects allied to medicine||40||695||735|
|Creative arts & design||75||480||555|
|Architecture, building & planning||20||230||250|
|Engineering & technology||25||185||205|
|Mass communications & documentation||20||130||150|
|Historical & philosophical studies||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.