- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Birmingham City University postgraduate courses can enhance career prospects as students hone key skills such as structuring their workload, developing powers of analysis and critical enquiry, and working independently. Students will be equipped with the most relevant knowledge and skills to be competitive in the workplace, with over 120 postgraduate and professional development courses to choose from.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,490 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 49%
- Part Time 51%
- UK 74%
- EU 3%
- Other 23%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||45||630||675|
|Art & Design||0||325||325|
|Communication & Media Studies||40||120||160|
|Accounting & Finance||0||85||85|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||55||55|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||40||40|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||0||35||35|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||0||35||35|
|Land & Property Management||0||30||30|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||25||25|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
No postgraduate scholarships are offered to UK and EU students, however there is new government funding for postgraduate study with loans of up to £10,609 available.
For non-EU students, the university offers the following:
- Merit based scholarships, offering students up to £2,000 based on their prior education.
- Course specific scholarship for MA Luxury Brand and MA Luxury Jewellery at £3,000.
- Course specific scholarship for MA Fashion Management and MA Global Media Management at £2,000.
- Automatic scholarship for all January applicants to the value of £1,500.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university offers accommodation to postgraduate students, aiming to house them in flats together.