Bishop Grosseteste University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Bishop Grosseteste University (BGU) is widely recognised for its consistently high employability and student satisfaction rates. It is located on a single-site campus in the heart of the historic city of Lincoln and boasts over 150 years experience of excellence in teaching. In case you’re wondering, Grosseteste is pronounced 'gross test'.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
5 international students in 2016–17
- The university provides a range of services and activities to ensure students feel welcomed and supported at BGU.
- This includes a Buddy scheme, the Students' Union welcome activities, and the student advice team and chaplaincy, who support students throughout their time at the university.
English Language Requirements
- Level 6.0 IELTs, with a minimum of 5.5 in each category, or equivalent (for undergraduate study).
- Level 6.5 IELTs, with a minimum of 6 in each category, or equivalent (for postgraduate study).
Accommodation for International Students
- Accommodation is guaranteed for international students.
- The university strongly recommends students live on campus, particularly during their first year, to help them adjust to life in the UK and make friends.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.