Bishop Grosseteste University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Bishop Grosseteste University (BGU) is widely recognised for its consistently high employability and student satisfaction rates; its Gold TEF award notes students from all backgrounds achieve excellent outcomes. Located on a single-site campus in the heart of historic Lincoln, it boasts over 150 years experience of excellence in teaching. In case you’re wondering, Grosseteste is pronounced 'gross test'.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
5 international students in 2017–18
- The university provides a range of services and activities to ensure students feel welcomed and supported at BGU.
- This includes a Buddy scheme, the Students' Union welcome activities, and the student advice team and chaplaincy, who support students throughout their time at the university.
English Language Requirements
- Undergraduate: level 6.0 IELTs, with a minimum of 5.5 in each category, or equivalent.
- Postgraduate: level 6.5 IELTs, with a minimum of 6 in each category, or equivalent.
Accommodation for International Students
- Accommodation is guaranteed for international students.
- The university strongly recommends students live on campus, particularly during their first year, to help them adjust to life in the UK and make friends.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The BGU International Scholarship: a fee-waiver of £2,000 to international students undertaking eligible postgraduate taught programmes.
- For 2019, in partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, Bishop Grosseteste University will be offering two scholarships to Chinese students applying for postgraduate study at BGU.
- The Student Advice team can assist international students prior to enrolment and during their studies at BGU, providing general advice on issues such as immigration, visas, housing, employment and funding.
- The Chaplaincy team are available to anyone seeking a quiet space and a listening ear, irrespective of religious beliefs. They organise a range of informal social events, and can help students locate and engage with faith communities.
- BGU Students’ Union provides opportunities to have a great social experience at university and meet interesting new people, as well as representing students.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.