Bishop Grosseteste University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Accommodation has been recently upgraded and includes en-suite facilities. All rooms have Wi-Fi.
- A network of Senior Residents and Night Wardens are on hand 24/7; and a full-time accommodation officer is on site to assist with any housing arrangements or problems – this includes private rentals.
- The university is a member of the City of Lincoln Student Accreditation Scheme, which provides a set of standards for landlords to provide safe, secure, well-managed housing.
Bishop Grosseteste University
|Number of university/college beds||293|
|Typical annual cost of university/college accommodation||£3,320–£4,558|
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£3,680–£4,140|
- City Population: 330,000
- Student Population: 30,000
- Lincoln is a unique city; founded as a Roman fortress, in recent years the city has turned into a thriving cultural hotspot – providing a heady mixture of old and new, historic and contemporary. It’s also student-friendly, with students making up a significant proportion of the population of the city
- The city is really easy to navigate around on foot and is essentially split into 2 halves. The uphill historic area boasts beautiful cobbled streets, the majestic Cathedral, Castle and BGU. Downhill is the more modern city centre, focused around the busy High Street and Brayford Waterfront.
- A shuttle bus operates in the city.
- Lincoln Central railway station is in the city centre and London Kings Cross is less than 2 hours away.
- Lincoln is a little over 150 miles from London. The journey by car takes just over 3 hours. Road access is via the A1 with intersections at Newark (A46) from the South and near Retford (A57) from the North. The city is 40 miles east of Nottingham on the A46 and 40 miles south of the Humber Bridge on the A15.
- Lincoln’s central location allows for access via road and rail to a number of airports including East Midlands and Doncaster Sheffield. Flights to the London airports will necessitate transfer to Kings Cross Station for the rail connection to Lincoln.
Culture and Nightlife
- There are a range of bars and nightclubs in the city centre, many of which run student focused and themed nights.
- A broad range of cultural activities and venues include the Engine Shed, the largest live music and entertainment venue; Lincoln Performing Arts Centre (LPAC) which offers theatre; and The Venue cinema and theatre located on the Bishop Grosseteste campus.
- The main tourist attractions are in the Bailgate area near to BGU, with Lincoln Cathedral, Lincoln Castle and Lincoln Medieval Bishops’ Palace.
- The Lincoln Christmas Market and the Lincoln 10k Road Race are both firm fixtures in the city’s calendar while new events like the Lincoln Comedy Festival add to the buzz.
- BGU are proud sponsors of the local football team, Lincoln City FC, who play at Sincil Bank in the city centre.