Bishop Grosseteste University
- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
Bishop Grosseteste University (BGU) is widely recognised for its consistently high employability and student satisfaction rates. It is located on a single-site campus in the heart of the historic city of Lincoln and boasts over 150 years experience of excellence in teaching. In case you’re wondering, Grosseteste is pronounced 'gross test'.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
465 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 73%
- Part Time 27%
- UK 100%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Theology & Religious Studies||0||25||25|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The BGU Learning Fund is means-tested and discretionary financial assistance available to all UK postgraduate students who are experiencing hardship, to make access to higher education possible.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Accommodation is not guaranteed for postgraduate students; however the university can provide advice on private accommodation.