- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Blackburn College is a further and higher education college, offering courses in a variety of subjects including business, technology, humanities, and education. The University Centre offers 120 degrees undergraduate and postgraduate courses, HNCs and HNDs validated by the University of South Wales, the University of Central Lancashire or Lancaster University.
UCAS Code: B40
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Bronze is awarded to institutions that deliver teaching, learning and outcomes for their students that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
Student Services and Facilities
- The Careers Centre provides advice and guidance on CV and personal statement writing, and job searching.
- Students with disabilities are offered personalised orientation of the campus and facilities before arrival.
- Services and support are available for all students, and wheelchair facilities are available at each site.
- Contact Inclusive Studies and Disabilities Services: call 01254 292269; SMS 07891481383; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Well-Being and Mental Health Service is available to all students. Contact them via telephone 01254 292269; SMS 07826 671085; email email@example.com.
- The Students’ Union works closely with Darwen Borough Council to host events including live bands, gigs, street parties and club nights at a range of venues.
- There is a range of clubs and societies to get involved in.
- Blackburn College was founded in 1888 as Blackburn Technical College. It originally specialised in engineering and textiles, and introduced tertiary courses in 1984.
Blackburn College, Feilden Street, Blackburn , BB2 1LH