Blackpool and the Fylde College
Blackpool and the Fylde College is a further and higher education college in Lancashire. It offers a variety of full- and part-time degree courses awarded by Lancaster University, the University of Salford and Liverpool John Moores University.
UCAS Code: B41
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
Mode of study:
- Full time (61)
Student Services and Facilities
- Specialist careers staff are available to help you make informed career decisions, improve your employability and prepare for the recruitment process.
- A huge range of support is available and an assessor will identify what help is right for you. Services include on-to-one support, in-class note-takers, communicator support workers, study mentors, assistance for mobility needs, access arrangements for examinations, computer equipment and software, ergonomic equipment and recording/organisational devices.
- Telephone 01253 504479, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact by post to Technical Assessment and Support Centre (TASC), University Centre, Blackpool and the Fylde College, Bennett Avenue, Blackpool, FY1 4EE.
- The Students’ Union is affiliated with the NUS and works in partnership with the college.
- The SU represents students on a range of issues, including equality and diversity, education and social activities, clubs and societies.
- A nautical college for fishermen was founded in Fleetwood in 1892. In 1987 it merged with the Blackpool and the Fylde College to become the current Blackpool and the Fylde College.
- Today the college has 49 buildings located across the Fylde coast with major campuses at Bispham, Ansdell, Fleetwood and in central Blackpool.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Sarah Myerscough (artist and sculptor).
- Jodie Prenger (actress and singer).
- John Simm (actor).
- Craig Parkinson (actor).
- Kate Ford (actress).
Blackpool and The Fylde College, Ashfield Road, Lancashire, FY2 0HB